My bff informed me just before we got our boys that you can't get away from skulls when it comes to kids' clothes, especially boys. It's true! I thought I'd save my dear sister, Katy, some time and just help her embrace the fact that she is carrying a pirate. A little boy pirate. Ha! My goal this year is to make something every month. Even if it's small, I'm doing it. For January, I made a car seat cover and a quilt for Katy's first boy after five girls. Arrrrgh!
I used Sarah Jane's "Out to Sea" fabric. In order to get the full map in the middle, I had to create a border with the red alphabet fabric. Then I did a bias binding that I messed up in the very front. Super visible. I thought she was going to have him early and I couldn't start over by that time. I'd already cut most of the fabric for the binding wrong. Bah. Sorry, Katy.
Same fabric in an apple core quilt. I decided I need to do a project a month after finishing this quilt and realizing how rusty I am. I put minky on the back and had Wendy do a "wave" pattern for the quilting.
It turns out I had more time than I thought, but I'm glad I got it mailed out when I did. :)