Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sew & Tell: Christmas Table Runner & Baby Quilt

I'm already forgetting what projects I've finished lately, so I'm going to plug them in here. Back in December a nice Canadian lady asked me if I could make her a table runner with bright Christmas fabrics. She bought a runner from me a year or so ago and she wanted another one. As soon as I was over the intensity of Christmas, I got to work. I used Kate Spain fabrics (her Christmas lines are always so cheerful) and a double wedding ring pattern.
Carmen quilted it for me, so of course that looks amazing. I didn't get to spend much time with this one - as soon as I posted it in our etsy shop, the lady who requested it bought it.

I have quite a few things in the works, but I'm only going to "show" the finished stuff. I bought some of the newest Lake House line of fabric. They have a print that looks like a scrappy grid. This baby quilt was lickety-split since I didn't piece anything together. I even quilted it on my machine.
Finishing stuff really gets my creative juices flowing. I also like not feeling the pressure of a hard deadline... like Christmas. :)

1 comment:

allyn said...

Both gorgeous, as usual!!